As a woman, keeping your nails looking neat and polished is a must. However, there may be certain habits that you’re doing without even realizing it that may be sabotaging your nails. Here are some of the most common habits that damage polish and cuticles:
1. Biting your nails – This habit not only ruins the look of your nails, but it can also lead to infections on your fingers. Not to mention, the constant biting weakens the nails, leading to chipping and peeling.
2. Using your nails as tools – Many of us guilty of opening soda cans or using our nails to scratch off stickers. While it may be convenient at the moment, it weakens and damages the nails in the long run.
3. Overusing hand sanitizer – While hand sanitizer is an essential item to carry around in current times, overusing it can dry out your nails and cuticles, leading to peeling and cracking.
4. Skipping base coat – Using a base coat before applying nail polish is essential to protect your nails from staining and drying out. Without a base coat, your nail polish may not last as long, and your nails may become brittle.
5. Using too much nail polish remover – While nail polish remover is necessary to get rid of old polish, using too much of it can strip the natural oils from your nails, drying them out and making them more prone to breaking and chipping.
6. Neglecting cuticles – Cuticles are an essential part of the nail bed, and ignoring them can lead to dryness and cracking. Be sure to keep them moisturized and push them back gently with a cuticle pusher.
In conclusion, taking care of your nails is just as important as taking care of your skin and hair. By avoiding these common habits and taking proper care of your cuticles, you can maintain healthy-looking nails that are sure to make a statement!