Today’s breaking news includes:
1. The United States has imposed sanctions on five Chinese companies over their alleged involvement in helping Beijing’s military build artificial islands in the South China Sea.
2. President Biden has announced a new executive order to protect LGBTQ+ rights in the workplace.
3. The Biden administration has unveiled a new plan to address the nation’s infrastructure needs.
4. The European Union has extended a travel ban on non-essential travelers from the United States.
5. The United Nations has called for an immediate ceasefire in the escalating conflict between Israel and Palestinians.