TYSON FURY and Anthony Joshua have been backed to “shatter all pay-per-view records” and overshadow any “World Cup glory” in the process.
The heavyweight pair are in the closing stages of tying up a shock deal to fight on December 3 at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium.
Promoter Frank Warren, who has sent a contract to AJ, believes it will sell 2million PPVs, breaking the UK record.
And depending on how England fare in their World Cup group stage, they could play on the same weekend as the proposed Battle of Britain.
Warren told the Daily Star: “For years we’ve wanted this to happen and we were close before but now seems to be the time it will finally happen.
“What a treat for British fight fans that it will take place on these shores, too.
“They deserve it for supporting Tyson – and Joshua for that matter – for years and we hope once it is all signed and sealed as many as possible can get their hands on tickets.
“It will shatter all pay-per-view records and will be one of the sporting occasions of the year.
“That’s saying something considering England will also be out in Qatar at the same time going for World Cup glory.
“But we believe this fight will be just as big as that and the whole of the UK will stop to watch it.
“In fact, I think it will capture the imagination of the world too.”
England kick off their World Cup campaign on November 21 in an opening day match against Iran.
If Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions finish as runners-up in their group, they will play at 3pm UK time, just hours before Fury and AJ’s ringwalk.
But if England top the table, they will play a day later, creating an almighty sporting weekend for fans.
Joshua, 32, looked set for a comeback trail following back-to-back losses to Olekandr Usyk, 35, most recently in Saudi Arabia last month.
🥊 When will Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua take place? All you need to know on blockbuster bout
And Usyk ruled himself out of action until next year after returning to his war-torn home of Ukraine after months away in training.
That meant hope of Fury, 34, unifying the titles were put on ice and ultimately led to AJ being handed a shock WBC title shot.
Joshua has since conceded terms to a 60/40 split, and Warren claimed paperwork has now been sent his way.
He said: “The contracts have been sent to Anthony Joshua’s team. They will have arrived on Friday morning.
“Now we wait for them to go through them and sign so we can get one of British boxing’s biggest events on.
“Since the passing of the Queen, Tyson has been respectful and kept his counsel while we work on the deal behind the scenes.
“The next step was sending over the contracts which we promised Joshua would arrive soon.
“I don’t anticipate there will be any problems. We all want this fight to happen.”